The Bandra wine fest (BWF) is a much awaited event; a small wine carnival in itself with wine tastings,music ,art and good food, a must visit for not only wine-fans but anyone who is looking for a fun weekend. The venue like every year, D’monte park,Bandra provides the perfect open air setting on their lawns.
When: 9-10 November 2013, between 12-2200 hrs on both days!
What can you expect this year?
Wine: A mix of 10 Indian wineries and importers
Food: Spanish from ‘Poco Loco‘, Cheeses from ‘Kya cheez hai;, Tex Mex from ‘Gusto‘, continental fare from ‘ Mocha Mojo’ and I am looking forward to biryanis and Kebabs flown in from Hyderabad by ‘foodbyair.com’.
Art and entertainment: Buy art, wine walks, the grape stomping ritual, cheese making session and live music!
Dos & Donts at the festival
- Drink enough water, keep yourself hydrated
- If you plan to come during the day, Suncreen, Cap ( Sombrero if you can!!! :)) and Sunglasses are a must. It’s gonna be hot.
- Do try to pair wines with the food you buy! May be a momo and Chenin or Sauvignon Blanc and cream Cheese, completely your call!
- Do attend the workshops. they are quite informative
- Do buy wines, generally they are at a discounted price
- Do not start tasting wines on an empty stomach
- Do not gulp down every wine that comes your way. Use the spittoons provided. This will keep you going for a few hours
- Do not try to enter the venue late in the evening, availability of wines could be an issue!
- Last;ly, Do not get drunk, you will end up being another source of entertainment for the audience
Have fun. Sante!
You can buy passes here http://www.bandrawinefestival.in/Buypass.html